The Daphne Trophy can only be won by showing good sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct in the views of your fellow sailors. Its criteria reflect the desire of the Göran Schildt Regatta to remain a regatta of friendship where everyone sails first and foremost for fun and friendship.
The “Daphne Trophy” was established in 2014 to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the regatta, and was won the first time by Åke och Britt-Marie Hjort/ SWE (s/y Swea, HR 35).
In 2015 the trophy was handed over to a Finnish crew (Ahti Lehto, Martti Rapeli, Timo Kropsu) with Hannu Rajala as skipper / FIN (s/y Seadiana).
In 2016 it was once again won by a Swedish boat. The winner in turn was now Lennart and Eva Königson / SWE (s/y Robust, Cheoy Lee Rhodes Reliant).
In 2017 it was Hugo Tiberg with crew (Magnus Åkerman, Alexis Charalambides and Alexis´ niece Sophia) that earned the honour of holding the "Dapne Trophy”. In the regatta, Hugo Tiberg sailed the boat s/y Estia, the same boat he had donated to the Nautical club at Leros a few years ago. It was now the fourth time that the Daphne trophy continued circulating.
Trophy Rules - the Daphne Trophy
The Daphne Trophy was instituted by the Finnish ”All Jacks” sailing team in 2014 to celebrate the GS Regatta's 5th Anniversary. The Trophy is Ever Rolling and given to the crew that has proven good sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct.
“If you want to win a race, the frst thing you need to do is fnish it, the second is to sail consistently faster than your competitors and the third is to make the least mistakes.”
“But if You want to be a holder of this trophy, the most important thing over all other aspects is to respect all the other participants as friends, despite any level of achieved result, not forgetting the environment, and taking into consideration that sailing is a way of life and must always be fun.”
This trophy will be presented the first time prior to the 5th anniversary of the Goran Schildt memory race in September 2014.
The institutional crew will hand over this trophy to another participant (crew/boat) at the price giving ceremony, the decision will fully be made by the holder of the trophy.
The holder cannot hand over the trophy to them-/him-/herself
- The trophy will be annually handed over by the holder of the trophy to another compiling to the rules.
- The trophy will be located at the Nautical Club of Leros.
- The Nautical Club of Leros is responsible of marking the trophy with the name of the Boat/team.
- If by some reasons the sailing event is not taking place, the trophy will be given to a junior sailor from Nautical club of Leros, here the decision will be taken by the board of the Nautical club of Leros respecting the aspects in 7 for having this trophy.
- The institutional part will take no whatsoever responsibility of the trophy once its is handed over for the frst time.
- If any doubts would occur, the fnal decision of the future of the trophy will be solely taken by the board of the Nautical club of Leros taking into consideration the following aspects:
The most important thing over all other aspects is to respect all the other participants as friends, despite any level of achieved result, not forgetting the environment, and taking into consideration that sailing is a way of life and must always be fun.”